10.6.10

Denver Walkabout: If I won the lottery ...

One of the last places I hit before leaving Denver was the Art District on Sante Fe. This area is loaded with galleries. So many pieces, so empty my wallet. My favorite was some raku pottery. So I definitely know what I'm getting on a return visit.

But on the north end of the district was the Sante Fe Theatre. A prime location, and not very far from the light rail. These photos show that a little spit and polish is needed. Ok, perhaps more than a little. While Mission Revival is not my favorite style of architecture, I'm sure she was quite something in her day.
All of these photos were taken on the same day. Some at the beginning of the circuit, the rest at the end, thus the variation in the cloud cover.
The colors have faded, and I wonder about the medallions; a lot of interesting details.
The back end of the building. This will be cool cropped very horizontally, even more so than it is now, blown up to a couple feet wide. May have to Photoshop the wires out.

Currently, it's a rock concert venue, and I'm not sure if it's operating at it's original 1,146 capacity or not. But what an interesting draw it would be if it were restored to 1927 conditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment