11.1.11

Winter Wonderland

A few days after Christmas a powdery snow fell, covering the branches, giving them the look of coral. With the sun out, and a slight breeze, I knew my time was limited in catching whatever shots I could.

Nature's Nike swoosh. This close-up shows the effect I'm talking about. 
We've all seen it. I'm not sure what or if there's a technical term.

These two help illustrate the coral effect.
 Looking to south, there was less contrast between the sky and everything else.

 More coral, just more of it. And yes, the sky really was that blue looking towards the north.

 Two shots with an even higher density.

These visions greeted me as I came back up the lane. Love that glowing effect!

Despite all the kvetching we do about winter (not that it's not always justified) it's really hard to do so when you're presented with the awesome artistry of Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment