31.5.11

KAA Membership

A few weeks back, I posted that one of my photos was to be the graphic for the 2011-2012 Membership brochure. That committee also asked me to do the reception flyer for the packet going out to the members.

Looking at previous ones, I wanted to really play with the layout. As with using Times New Roman as a typeface, sometimes you get tired of just centering things on the page.

This is decidedly off-center. The images seem a little hither and yon, but your eye does get drawn over to the Arts Center logo in the lower right. And the most important thing to remember when you’ve a lot going on the same evening is don't put it all in one big rambling paragraph. Break it up. It’s easier to read and older eyes will thank you.

Since I completed this, the Vintage Vera exhibit has exploded. I had to tweak the poster a little, and depending upon an experiment I'm doing with irises, it's a toss-up about what I'll talk about that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment