10.5.11

Publication!

I was asked to submit a photo for the main graphic of the Kirksville Arts 2011-12 membership brochure. I created a short list of about a dozen, finally selecting the image below. I didn't bother cropping as I don't think there's a wrong way to edit this picture, though I suggested starting at the bottom where it's a little out of focus. In any event, it's very neat to be in the company of the more established artists who've been chosen in years past.


Not that I consider myself an artist. I simply take pictures of things I find to be interesting, and a fair number of them happen to be good. If others find them interesting as well, that's cool, and quite frankly, that's what counts in the end. With the proliferation of digital cameras and cell phone cameras, more people are taking more pictures than ever. It's not hard to conclude that, as a result, the photography market is becoming diluted, making it difficult for quality to become noticed over quantity. Feel free to disagree, I don't mind being proven wrong, as that's how one learns.

I'm also working on a very special exhibit poster and a flyer for KAA's Membership Mixer. They're just not at a stage to share. I shall post those upon completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment