2.8.11

Images from Monticello, Iowa

It seems forever since I've done an architectural post.

The weather conditions were warm, overcast at the beginning of my wanderings, with the sun finally coming out towards the end. (The end of my wanderings and the battery life of my camera.) I quickly found out that the quality of the buildings in this town of 3800 people is amazing. You've all seen the (censored) aluminum siding or whatever it is covering these classic facades in other small towns. Such treatment destroys the character of the town.



(Above) The former Monticello State Bank building is now Monticello Sports. I need to go back
when the skies are bluer as it would make a nice contrast to the browns of this structure.
Below are some random shots a few blocks out. I'd like to do a better study of the old
Public Library (center, bottom row). It's not often  you see Spanish Mission Style in the
rural Midwest. And I really like the texture of the white wall (left, bottom).



No comments:

Post a Comment