1.3.16

Doodles to Draft

This project for the Anamosa Library & Learning Center has been several months in the making. It all started with the doodles on the left, and after many drafts, resulted in the (almost) final product on the right. (We're finalizing color schemes.)


What do you see? Ok, yes, a mess on the left, but on the right is an abstract pile of books. They're slightly skewed to provide visual interest, and the lower case text makes the concept of LIBRARY a little less threatening. Using different shades make some of the "books" form the letter "a" for Anamosa.

The prevailing color for all things labeled Anamosa is Pantone Reflex Blue, which is the Times New Roman, or Comic Sans of the color wheel. I believe a richer color is in order to give back a little of the gravitas that lower case letters take away. We'll see how it all plays out.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I used to be on the library's Board of Directors. I'm doing this one for free, as I think it would look a little hinky to benefit from that time on the board, and the staff has really bent over backwards for me in my research requests.)

No comments:

Post a Comment