31.12.13

Resorts at Sea: massive books

I interlibrary loaned these books -- a five volume set entitled Catalog of Marine Photographs -- as an undergrad. Naively thinking they would be loaded with photos, I was disappointed to see nothing but page after page of cards from an old card catalog system. So I sent them back. Now this was before this project was even a glimmer in my eye. After many months of trying to get them, Jacqueline at the University of Kentucky (Lexington) made it a reality.

Three volumes in, and I'm not finding much that's of use. But that's ok. I've been wanting to go back down this avenue for quite some time, and I'd always be wondering what was there if I didn't. And that is the joy of research. Sometimes you find something, sometimes you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment