29.4.14

Beautiful Ruins

Well! This snuck up on me! A couple weeks ago, I wrote about an area middle school being torn down, but it had been going very slowly. Late last week, I was walking home, and I heard the sickening crunch of wood. No! I don't have my camera! I ran up the hill, and they had just started. I quickly beat it back home, had lunch, and waited for the rain that had stated just as I got home to let up some. After about half an hour, I was on the site. Two thirds of the building was gone! Fortunately, between this post and the last one on this topic, I grabbed some establishing shots, showing the school as a whole. But for now, here are some artsy shots of the various stages of ruin.

The one on the left is the only one I enhanced a little, due to the crappy, overcast day. Everything else
turned out pretty good. I chose black & white to class things up a bit.

 
 

 

I think the one on the left is my favorite. It really looks like a battle scene.
(Not that that's a good thing, but if I was going for eerie, this one succeeds.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment