7.7.09

I want to be a producer ...

Over the past few years, I've probably read more theatrical scripts than actual books.
Several things go through my mind while reading a script: set viability, cast, and how to market the show. The logo has to convey something about the show; something more than the title.

Two shows I'd love to do are Animal Farm and Die! Mommie! Die!. (I know, I know. My tastes run the gamut. You should see my music collection.)

For Animal Farm, it took a while to find a Soviet-style typeface that wasn't completely unreadable. And of course, the windmill is such an integral part of the story.

Die! Mommie! Die!, by Charles Busch started out as a play. Then it was a movie (one of my most guiltiest of pleasures), and then Busch tweaked the play a little before taking it to New York a year or two ago.







No comments:

Post a Comment