16.2.10

Bark! Bark!

Related links:
| Dam Shots | Abstract Nature |

I briefly mentioned a local exhibit in which I took close-up photos of tree bark. They were arranged with this stunning mirror by Dr. Charles Pritchard.

Five years ago, if you were to ask whether or not I appreciated the rustic, I would've laughed. Then in 2007, I visited Denver, saw the mountains, and was hooked. After I returned home, I started focusing a bit more on nature. While setting up for this exhibit, I was asked if I had any photos of anything. I don't know, I'll look.

When I was walking home, and trying not to trip on the broken sidewalk, I noticed the base of this large tree. I snapped a few shots and found I had some other bark photos. A few cheap frames and voila! Some folks thought Chuck had taken them, but lost interest when told he didn't. I'm not sure how to take that.

It is art? Beats the hell out of me, but I find these fascinating to look at. Enjoy!

 
 
 

I would love to blow these up poster size. Better than looking at fake wood paneling any day!

Related links:
| Dam Shots | Abstract Nature |

No comments:

Post a Comment