18.3.10

Sunsets, and "Have the ducks stopped quacking yet, Clarice?"

Two totally different topics, I assure you.

I've never been one prone to taking pictures of sunsets. I'm not knocking them. Yes, they're pretty, but everyone and their dog who can work a camera takes pictures of sunsets. However, being in an area with a fairly unobstructed view of the sunset (for a change), I took these ...



Ok, they are pretty cool. The weather conditions today are similar, but I'm not holding my breath on getting shots like those again.

Now for the second part. I went back to the dam on Tuesday. The water was higher than it was Sunday, when it was supposed to have crested. Forecasters. On the way there, I ducked into the cemetery that borders the river to see the geese. Upon entering, I saw a pair of Mallard ducks. Before I could get the shot off, they took off. Fine, onto the geese, then the dam. On the way back, I could hear the ducks quacking. I couldn't see them, but they were there, taunting me. "I'll be back," I muttered. "Oh, I will be back."

No comments:

Post a Comment