6.4.10

Regional Schools Art Exhibit

I've felt like a part of me has been missing the past few months without my computer and accessories. But we're all together again! Yay!

(Hmmm, sounds like it's time for me to go on a tech-free weekend. No computer, cable, phone. A radio is allowed, but no CDs.)

Below is the poster for an exhibit that opened yesterday at the Kirksville Arts Center. Due to last year's New Harmonies Exhibit, this normally annual event didn't occur.
As I was two years ago, I am simply stunned at the work these kids turn out. It boggles the mind why schools across the country are cutting funding for the arts.

The photos were forwarded to me, and I cleaned them up, taking care of shadows and what not, cropping and finally converting them to grayscale, as full color would be too busy.

I've started some sketches for the next exhibit, featuring vintage clothing. I'll let you know how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment