2.11.10

From Our Homes to Yours

Kirksville Arts asked for a poster, cards, and a newspaper ad for exhibit/sale regarding pre-owned art. So if you admired it on the wall of someone's house, now's your chance to get it for yourself!


Working with submitted photos, it was a challenge to get one to meld happily with the text. I wanted to superimpose the text over the image, but I really couldn't get a contrast without picking a hideous color. The background was a grayish-green before I turned it black. (And that went smoother than I thought it would.)

Converting it to gray scale for the newspaper, I played with the levels to lighten it a bit, as some of the art turned quite dark. We'll see how that turns out.

All in all, I'm very pleased with how this turned out. KAA was, too.

If you find yourself in the area, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment