14.12.10

Isabel Robinson

Isabel Robinson ... No, I hadn't heard of her, either, until I found this link. Very interesting, and an artist very worthy of a retrospective.

Only a few pieces were made available to me to photograph as the rest were still being gathered. I was immediately drawn to a tropical scene: beach house, palm trees, and pool.

Remember last week's post when I mentioned it was time to play in the snow? Yeah, the -25 degree wind chill over the weekend put me off that. (It's just too soon to be this cold!)

To help keep the mind off of the cold is one reason I wanted to use the beach house. It's wintertime, but here's a nice tropical scene. However, the original format on the left is just too bare. The image is isolated enough, but there's no OOMPH.

Using a different painting, one with a little less going on in order to use it as a canvas to place the text, and we have the final product on the right. The text -- in any color -- got lost in the tropics, yet it stands out just fine in the other. It pops, and at the same time does not distract from the image; a very nice blend.

I received feedback from the person who owns the painting, and they like the poster better! Awesome!


Speaking of the original, the picture I took and worked with is shown above. I simply straightened the image, goosed the color up a smidge, and cropped it. Bada-bing, bada-boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment