15.3.11

Regional Schools Art Exhibit 2011

This has to be one of the best posters I've ever done, and I had very little to do with it. As usual ('cause I'm about three hours away), I asked those hanging the art email me some photos to put something together. The minute I saw this image, I knew the planned montage would not suffice.

I tried several typefaces, but decided a simple sans serif would both be bold and not detract from the artist's work, who, by the way, is a sophomore. It's very simple ... Find the most striking image, showcase it, and try not to clutter it up.


I remember when this exhibit was divided among banks, grocery stores, and restaurants. While doing it that way guaranteed exposure, the art was, admittedly, in the background. A gallery setting is far more fitting, as it's now the focus. I never cease to be amazed at the output of these students. I salute the teachers for their ability to draw out such creativity.

17 March 11

There was a slight adjustment in plans, and it was decided to have a reception for this exhibit. That meant altering the poster slightly, and creating a "ticket" for kids to give to their parents and friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment