15.11.11

A little something from Neil Simon ...

I think I originally found this script in a box of books Mom got a farm/household goods auction. It sat on my shelf for years, and came with me in my travels. I finally saw the movie with Walter Matthau, and in a word: hilarious.


Simon is one of those authors whose name pretty much guarantees a crowd. And I could've slapped some text on a page and called it a day (see left). But I remembered seeing an ad for the Plaza Hotel in the Pacific Marine Review in the early 1940s. I thought such a placement was odd, as I never saw it before or after the war. I cribbed the graphic of the hotel, cleaned it up, and it's almost a watermark in the background. It's clean, with a little bit of gravitas. (Well, if not gravitas, at least the image adds a little texture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment