4.12.12

Holiday House

The background for this poster is the by-product of goofing around with Photoshop.


It started with a black and white image of frost on a window. Messing with layers and opacity and shades of icy blue, I ended up with the what you see. There are some random numbers written in haste beside other notes for this poster, and I'm assuming (hoping) it's the formula.

In any event, though there's a lot going on in the background, it's not intrusive. The script is nice and fluid, and reminds me of Neiman Marcus or Lord and Taylor (but legible). And while I have color versions of the logos, I went with black and white to keep things simple.

In other goings on, I'm working on a scale model to help promote an exhibit. An elevation is shown below. This would be for a retrospective of artist Bernard Perlin. More details next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment